Domino's Pizza Netherlands via Vitru
Senior Financial Accountant
Senior Financial Accountant – French Speaking
Your role as Senior Financial Accountant
Reporting to the European Finance Manager and the Head of the European Financial SSC and as part of the European team based in The Netherlands, the Senior Financial Accountant is actively responsible for the financial administration of the French legal entities including month-end P&L and Balance Sheet reporting, reconciliations and compliance.
Additionally the Senior Financial Accountant is the main contact to the business regarding financial questions, supporting the business from a financial point of view and ensuring timely P&L and Balance Sheet reporting.
This important role requires communicating with the full Accounting Team, Business Analysts, budget holders and external parties like auditors, payroll supplier and tax office.
Founded in 1960, Domino's is the recognized world leader in pizza delivery operating a network of companyowned and franchise-owned stores in the United States and international markets. Australia based Domino’s Pizza Enterprises (DPE) is the largest Domino’s franchisee worldwide(France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Luxembourg and Denmark for EU). This characterises the international flavour and culture of the company.
Domino’s has the ambition and opportunity to grow significantly in the coming years which will be an extra trigger for this role to be part of a growing and professional team.
The ideal candidate has an educational background in Accounting (CPA/ ACCA) where knowledge and proven track record of French GAAP and/or IFRS is mandatory. Additionally he or she has a solid knowledge on reporting requirements for listed companies built up over a number of years in an international team or environment. Preferably the candidate also has been exposed to high-pace and fast-growing companies.
For this role we are looking for the candidate who has the desire to be part of an international, well-educated, team, whereby he or she is able to switch between basic hands-on accounting operations and business related financial matters. The position is based in Nieuwegein and hybrid, working from home and in the office.
VITRU | International Executive Recruitment is exclusively assisting Domino’s to recruit the best candidate for this crucial role.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Preparation of month-end (preclose work) the week before month-end in order to run through a smooth and timely reported month-end.
- Month-end activities like providing accurate and complete financial data (P&L) to Management including analysis on main P&L’s variances.
- Follow-up on business and P&L impacts and support business analysts in budget and forecast.
- In charge for the interim, year-end and statutory audit of French entities in relation with auditors.
- Control of monthly payslips and payroll entries.
- Prepare and book monthly memo journal entries.
- Responsible for the monthly P&L and Balance Sheet reporting.
- Organise the monthly VAT declaration/VAT returns.
- Assure weekly reconciliations on specific GL.
- Pro-actively propose processes and systems enhancements.
- Adjustment of systems setting to optimize and secure processes.
- Organise related French tax declarations/payments like (CVAE/CFE/TVS/Payroll taxes, …).
- Relevant degree in Accounting.
- CPA / ACCA preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in accounting or financial reporting.
- Proven experience in a similar role in an international company.
- Excellent understanding of French GAAP or IFRS.
- Experience in French Taxes (VAT) is a strong pre.
- Hands – on mentality.
- Pro-active and a problem solving attitude.
- Ability to work independently, or within a virtual team.
- Excellent communication skills in French and English.
What is in it for you?
Would you like to join a young, international dynamic team in a fast-growing organisation that is all about quality in the world’s largest pizza deliverer? Be part of a dynamic company with a hands- on and driven culture. This role gives you the unique opportunity to take your finance career to the next level.
Domino’s offers you a challenging position with good career prospects in a fast-growing international company. Our client offers a very competitive remuneration package as well as healthy secondary benefits.
Founded in 1960, Domino's is the recognized world leader in pizza delivery operating a network of company-owned and franchise-owned stores in the United States and international markets. Australia based Domino’s Pizza Enterprises (DPE) is the largest Domino’s franchisee worldwide (France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Luxembourg and Denmark for EU).
These mostly franchised stores are serviced by three commissaries. DPE believes the business in Europe could be expanded to at least 2,500 stores in the future.
For more information, please check www.dominos.com.au/inside-dominos.
How to Apply:
If you are interested and you meet all the above requirements please send your resume via the application form on our website to VITRU, The European Executive Recruitment Firm.
For more information about this position, please contact Max Eweg at VITRU via +31 6 13 08 68 94 (www.vitru-hr.com).
Agency calls are not appreciated.